Photos and Musings of Gobdol

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Great Wall Chase

I would like to say the reason I've been away from blogging is because I've been working on the short film below for the last 6 months. (But the reality is not this sexy, the busy-ness of life had simply gotten the better hold of me.) Anyways, here is a little bit of fun for you to enjoy... A special thanks to my friend Gabe and the Chinese Hawkers on the wall...



This is a comedic short about the hawkers who peddle you goods on the Great Wall. It's shot on location in the Shimatai stretch of the Great Wall. If you get a chance to visit, please do say hi to the two ladies who starred as themselves in the film. (and congratulate them on their newly acquired internet movie stardom!)

I have to give credit where credit is due. The idea for this film came from the hawkers. They just kept following us up and up the wall, even when we repeatedly told them that they were wasting their time and energy. We weren't interested in those tour books at all. It was their persistence that gave birth to the concept for this short video.

Well, in the end, the hawkers persistence paid off. (I have a suspicion they knew what they were doing all along.) They sold two books to us. You can check out the hagglers teaching Gabe, my friend and the other star of this short, a lesson on haggling at the end of the film.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home