Photos and Musings of Gobdol

Friday, March 03, 2006

Flying Blues (Purple)
















For those of you PC folks (like me in my former life as a CS major and software developer) who abhor the blue screen of death, this here is the frequent flyer's version, the purple screen.

Yesterday afternoon, I walked on the jetway in the pleasant, sunny 70F degrees of Orlando only to be greeted a few hours later by the 28F degrees and heavy snowfall of Rhode Island. In fact, the landing came as quite a surprise, because all I could see was pure whiteness and thought we were still descending through the clouds.

I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Being on the last plane to land on time, we barely escaped the wrath of the purple screen. (Though getting home in the snow storm was another story*.)

*Involving deciphering the morbid sounding public transit known as RIPTA, sitting in stop-n-go snow traffic, running through the snow with my luggage, ... etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home